Recipe adapted from Chef JJ. Learn more about Chef JJ at chefjjs.com.
- 2 racks spareribs, peeled
Chef JJ's Rub Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon sugar in the raw
- 2 tablespoon chile powder
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon dried thyme
Chef JJ's Rub Instructions
Combine all of the ingredients for the rub. Evenly rub the ribs, wrap them in foil refrigerate them overnight.
Chef JJ's BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup Red Gold ® Tomato Ketchup or Mama Selita’s Jalapeno Ketchup
- ¾ cup yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cherry wood chunks, for smoking, if desired
Chef JJ's BBQ Sauce Instructions
Set EGG for indirect cooking (with convEGGtor) and smoking wood at 245°F/118°C.
Smoke the ribs for 3 hours, wrap them in foil, return to the EGG and cook for another 2 hours. Remove from the EGG after 2 hours, and rest for 1 more.
Combine all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from the heat and base the ribs with the sauce before serving.
Makes 8 servings