Recipe adapted from Laura’s Lean Beef. For more information, visit laurasleanbeef.com.
- 1 lb Laura’s 92% Lean Ground Beef (or 96% Lean Ground Round)
- 1⁄2 lb turkey sausage (sliced)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14 1⁄2 ounce) low-salt beef broth
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 ounce) Cajun-style stewed tomatoes (undrained and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Hot sauce and parsley sprigs (optional, to taste)
Set EGG for direct cooking (no convEGGtor) at 500°F/260°C.
Cook first 6 ingredients in Dutch oven 5 minutes or until beef is browned and vegetables are tender; drain.
Stir in broth and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil. Stir in rice.
Cover, reduce heat to about 350°F/177°C and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Top with hot sauce and parsley sprigs, if desired.