BIG GREEN EGG CAST IRON COOKWARE SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR WHERE SPONSOR IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN REGULATORY APPROVALS OR DETERMINES THAT ENTRANT IS INELIGIBLE.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Big Green Egg Cast Iron Cookware Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on March 15th 2018 at 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time and end on April 15th, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. Sweepstakes subject to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
2. SPONSOR & PRIZE SUPPLIERS: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Big Green Egg 3786 DeKalb Technology Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30340 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the continental United States and Washington, D.C. who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at time of entry, except in the case of legal residents of certain states where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, residents must be of such legal age of majority at the time of entry (“Entrants”). This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law, or where Sponsor is unable to obtain regulatory approvals.
The following persons are not eligible: (1) employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives of (a) the Sponsor or Prize Suppliers; (b) the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor or Prize Suppliers; (c) any entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes; (d) licensed alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers, or distributors; and (e) any parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any entity referred to in (a), (b), (c), or (d); (2) immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related) and of any person referred to in (1) above; and (3) any individual who has received a contest or sweepstakes prize from Sponsor or Prize Suppliers or their parents, affiliates, or subsidiaries in the same calendar year. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. HOW TO ENTER: There two ways to enter the sweepstakes. One is online at www.BigGreenEgg.com and the second is in the mail. Send First and Last Name, Address, Date of Birth, Telephone Phone Number and Email Address (if you have one) to Big Green Egg Cast Iron Cookware Sweeps 3786 DeKalb Technology Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30340 No other method of entry will be accepted. All entries must be received and recorded during the Entry Period. Limit one (1) entry per person. Additional entries beyond the specified limit will be void. All entries must include a valid email address for the entrant. By successfully transmitting a completed online entry form or mail sent in, you will be entered in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online entry form to be eligible. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries are void. All online entries must include a valid e-mail address for the entrant.
Limit one (1) entry per person. Each entrant can only use one (1) email address to register for, or otherwise participate in, the Sweepstakes. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems(s) or program(s) to register and participate in this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor and Prize Suppliers and their agencies are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention, phone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, fragmented or delayed internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/website internet accessibility; or for inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete capture of entry information. In the event of a system malfunction or the presence of a virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at their sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes and/or modify or amend these Official Rules at any time, and to conduct the random drawing among the eligible entries received prior to the termination date, if any. All Submissions are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate (i.e. Submissions) in this Sweepstakes by such entrant to be considered valid for the purposes of this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable Submissions that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in their sole and absolute discretion.
5. PRIZE. The Prize consists of (1) Big Green Egg Cast Iron Dutch Oven (1) Big Green Egg Cast Iron Skillet (1) Big Green Egg Cast Iron Sauce Pot. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Big Green Egg Cast Iron Cookware Package is $126.85.
Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, except by the Sponsor or Prize Suppliers, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason as determined by Sponsor or Prize Suppliers in their sole discretion. If the Selected Entrant does not want a portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited. All federal, state, and local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize.
6. WINNER SELECTION: A winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes, in a random drawing to take place on or about April 16th, 2018. Odds of being selected are determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. NOTIFICATION: Selected Entrant will be notified by email or by phone on or about April 16, 2018. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize, Selected Entrant will be required to sign and return within two (2) business days of receipt an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other required materials, which: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor, Prize Suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor or Prize Suppliers in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the Selected Entrant: (a) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents, within the specified time; and/or (b) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then he/she may be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Any alternate winner so selected will be notified by email. Note that a W9 may be issued, which requires provision of your social security number.
8. CONDITIONS: Selected Entrant consents to the use of his or her name, voice and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. All entries must be complete to be eligible and the Sponsor are not responsible for late, lost, stolen or misdirected mail/email. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering, participants and Selected Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and release the Sponsor and Prize Suppliers and their parents, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, liability for death, personal injury, damage or loss. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
All disputes will be resolved under applicable U.S. laws in the County of DeKalb, State of Georgia. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating the Official Rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by Entrants in the entry process, or by the Sponsors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, the presence of computer viruses or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (f) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries ; or (g) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor’s representatives.
10. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this Sweepstakes, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
12. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Selected Entrant list, please send a request and a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to Big Green Egg Cast Iron Cookware Sweeps 3786 DeKalb Technology Pkwy, Atlanta, GA 30340 (Requests must be received by July 31st, 2018.)
© 2018 Big Green Egg, Atlanta, GA.